Be sure to check the Site Updates page to see if any new things went directly onto our interior pages!
Be sure to visit the previous Just Arrived pages!
Just Arrived, page 2,
Just Arrived, page 3,
Just Arrived, page 4
*** Watch Every Weekday in May for our Daily Treats! ***
An Annual Affair of the greatest fun... each day we bring a Daily Special... beginning Monday, May 2!
Posted RIGHT HERE, We'll update every morning... Don't Miss the FUN!
And... Remember to scroll down PAST the Daily Treats on this page... because we are STILL posting new items to Just Arrived all the time... and you don't want to miss that fun either!
Miniature Sampler Scissor Fobs
Kim's Needle Needfuls has beautiful new miniature sampler scissor fobs! She has taken images of antique samplers, shrunk them down into bitty 1-inch miniatures, and mounted them into lovely antiqued brass findings (they are even pretty on the back). Then she's chosen glass, shell and brass beads, and strung them together to complement the tiny featured sampler! Each Sampler Scissor Fob is unique... every one is different... but we chose ALL vintage colors to complement the brass and the sampler.
Each fob from clam-shell end to sampler finial bead measures about 5 inches. These are LOVELY! Very nicely done, classy, and I'm having a really hard time choosing my favorite!!! Some are deep blue, soft green, antiqued reads and roses... golds... if you have a color preference, just ask. If you order an assortment -- we'll mix the colors and samplers for you.
With Needle and Thread from Samplers Not Forgotten
What a CHARMING sampler design by Samplers Not Forgotten! *My Soul is fed with Needle and Thread.* I love everything about this piece!!!!! Presented as a chart, it is for anyone who loves to stitch! Worked on 36ct, it'll finish approx 11-1/2 x 8-1/2. Stitched with Sampler Threads and Classic Colorworks of Lexington Green, Roasted Marshmallow, Garden Gate, Endive, Wheat Fields, Brown Hen, Deep Fennel and Eggshell, the border is different all the way around.
Pretty white flowers, the scissors adorn the right edge while the spools of thread adorn the opposite. Your initials are on here nice and big -- because you are important! The flower urn is pretty just by itself, but so is the little yellow house with the band sampler below! Can you see the special stitches between the rows? There is a thimble on there... and the bottom band is a tape measure!!!!! Then, for a special touch -- choose some pretty antique buttons to embellish here and there... just so pretty!
Presenting SOCIALS - Another fun collection of our luscious FLAX!
Spring is FLAX SEASON at The Silver Needle!!! We even have a 3*2*1 Special to Sweeten the Pot!
More elegant linens to love... our bit of FLAX's Socials Collection arrived this last week! We LOVE the Polka Dot pieces... and you might recognize the Windowpane Gauze fabrication -- as it is the same as our Transitions we have. (The Grape and Shark pieces farther down our FLAX page...)
Both the Tunic and Frock pieces are long enough to be dresses -- with or without leggings!!!!! Click the pic to read about our choices and what we like best about each piece! That 3*2*1 Special treats you to 25% OFF everything if you choose three or more pieces, 15% off two...!
Spooked! Mystery Sampler from Lizzie*Kate
Oh... We have more info on the New Lizzie Kate Mystery Sampler promised for this June, July and August! We'll have an auto-ship for this sampler -- you can choose charts with embellishments, and fabric and threads -- whichever combo you need. Here are the details... (and NO... no pic yet -- just this letter teaser!!!)
- Spooked comes as three charts $9.00 each WITH bonus designs in each AND embellishments ($17, all ship with the first chart) for the main design as well as ALL THREE bonus designs. (Parts two and three will be charged when they are shipped... so first shipment will be only $26.)
- Spooked! is worked on Picture This Plus Ale. Finished size will be 14 x 6. Choose from 14 or 16ct Aida ($12.50) or 28 or 32 Linen (16.75.) PTP always pre-surges your edges for you!
- 13 Skeins of Weeks flosses called for -- multiples of a couple and a NEW unreleased EXCLUSIVE color in here!!! ($32.50 until August shipment, then $35 afterwards)
BONUS chart info: You'll get a two sided scissor fob 26 x 29, Winnie the Witch Stand-Up -- she's 43 x 79, and 'For the Birds' which is a huge chart as far as bonuses go... it's 121 x 29!!! You get to use your own fabrics for these... and you *might* need to supplement floss... depending on your thread usage. So... register now... and we'll ship to you Mid-June when Part One Releases!
20 To Make - Mini Cross Stitch from Michael Powell
Oh.... More of Michael Powell -- in MINIATURE!
Everything you love about Michael Powell's artwork -- only in bitty size! This is a softcover book -- 6 x 8-1/2 inches in size, that features 48 pages of 20 TINY designs of Michael's! We've just received tons of cute scissor fob kits, and some darling well-wishes mini designs -- this little book has MORE -- most of them companion the larger designs. (The largest design in here is 55 stitches!)
Mini florals, cupcakes, landscapes, even a birthday cake... there are also two borders in here that you can stitch and stitch and stitch to go around a basket or something! Possibilities are endless! Coded for Anchor, but easily converted to DMC... you can stitch these on ANY count or weave of fabric -- White is the color of choice!
Tiny Modernist helps you travel EVERYWHERE!
Cheryl's cute set of cities and countries to visit keeps growing -- we've added 15 MORE to our collection! Presented as small cards, they all follow the same color scheme -- 7 basic DMC colors -- they are all the same size, Choose the cities and countries you have been to -- stitch them up -- and add a trip photo on the matting!
Use them for the fronts of small photo books, or stitch a bunch of them in a long string, and put trip photos beneath each one! Choose any white fabric, on 14/28ct they finish 3 x 5 each. (makes we want to dig out my suitcase and PACK!!!)
Yearbook Double Flips from Lizzie*Kate
Celebrating 20 years in the Needlework Business, LK is doing another monthly Flip-It series! She says we have the same 12 months every year, so these never go out of style!
- Each Yearbook Double Flip contains 2 monthly designs -- Jan/Feb, Mar/Apr, May/June will release first, final three in next shipment -- $9.00 each card.
- Same set of brass charms featured this time as the FIRST year!
- Individual stitch counts are 69 x 41, stitched on 28ct Light Mocha (or anything else you like!)
- Entire project together is 69 x 546 -- do it on 32ct -- it's 34 inches long!!!
- Weeks Begonia, Bright Leaf (2), Capri, Carrot, Chablis, Deep Sea, Grapevine (2), Honeysuckle,Merlot, Moss, Whitewash (2) and DMC 368.
- Linda has 'borrowed' motifs from previous LK designs -- kind of a *Hide & Seek* thing... she had fun finding little treasures from assorted projects to incorporate into these... and she said it was kind of fun to cut and paste from 'herself!!!'
B53 - Accept What Is Inspiration Boxer from Lizzie*Kate
*Accept what is...let go of what was... and have faith in what will be.*
The next Inspirational Boxer, Linda always has a small bonus design in these -- many times kind of forgotten because they aren't the main verse design -- but alot of them are REALLY GOOD designs.
This time, you are getting a HUGE alphabet that is the same size as the main design!!! The Boxer package contains the 32ct Lambswool linen and a few mini-button embellishments. You add your bits of floss.
S-125 For We Walk by Faith Snippet
Linda says: "Amen!" This verse from II Corinthians 5.7 jumped out at me recently and landed in my cross stitch design program. The Snippet includes a little heart/cross charm. I've had a lot of requests over the years to graph some scripture, so I'm trying it with this Snippet. More to come. I hope.
Sneak Peeks from Just Nan!
No pictures until May 4th... but we have bits of information from Nan about exciting new treats COMING later in May! Taking reservations NOW, as the Roll is LIMITED!
- Peacock Garden Scissor Roll - Remember our exclusive Lady Scarlet's Roll from a few years ago? This promises to be just as cute... Nan's 25th Anniversary piece, it is packaged with embellishments, wool and a special pin. NO OTHER DETAILS YET!
- Romeo the Groom Mouse -- Well, he goes with Juliet the Bride!!!!!! I happen to know he is wearing a little black top hat charm! He'll ship as part of our Just Nan Ornament auto -- but if you are not part of that, you can get him and his Bride -- Juliet!
Mermaid's Song Sewing Box from Mani di Donna
Mermaid's Song Sewing Box
Mani Di Donna of Italy has several new sewing box designs -- we brought them home from Market. There are two more on her inside pages -- make sure to click the pic to see those as well! Mermaid's Song is delightful!!! Worked on Week's 32ct Beige Linen with Weeks flosses, you stitch the 100 x 140 stitch count top (approx 6-1/2 x 9) the design is the CUTEST! a spouting whale, cute lighthouse rolling waves and little crabs... then construct the paper board box she diagrams in her instructions.
We have her pretty blue striped lining fabric, the charming set of hand-painted wooden mermaid thread winders, and the lighthouse pins. You add the fabric, weeks flosses and the Weeks Snow Cream wool for lining. Colors are so pretty in this, the patterns are all here for the box, cushion and little needle book!
A Smattering of Designs by Stitches Through Time -- More on our inside pages!
- Paw Prints On My Heart -- Oh dear, not a happy subject, but here's a chart that might make all the difference for someone. Finishing approx 7 x 9 on 14/28ct, you have color options in here and a place to add a photo of that special little 'person!'
- A Game of Cards -- A bit of advice about life presented with playing cards! (Forget the box of chocolates!) Might appeal to the gamer in your family -- or something fun to hang in the family room... just a fun chart stitched with Gentle Art Sampler Threads. It finishes approx 9-1/2 x 12.
Rudy & Friend and Say Boo Scissor Fobs from Praiseworthy Stitches
The gals at Praiseworthy Stitches make the CUTEST scissor fob kits! The others always seem to sell out and not stay on the website for very long... here are the two new ones for this year. Presented in 2-inch square cubes, those little boxes are CRAMMED full of all your ingredients. And... they are ONLY $12 each!!! The only thing you will need is DENTAL FLOSS! It lasts forever and doesn't fray, the say! The other little trick they don't tell you about is clear nail polish inside the crimp bead at the top -- that NEVER lets your threads go! Your fobs will turn out about 5 inches long, and take about 2 to 3 hours from start to finish. (less, if you're fast)
- Rudy & Friend -- You stitch Rudolph's face (whole stitched area is only 28 x 28 stitches) with the provided DMC floss on the provided bit of 32ct cream linen. The kit includes bright red and green backing fabric for him, the clamshell attachment, and all the novelty beads you see on the main string and an assortment of seed and bugle beads for the bottom loops.
- Say Boo! -- This one features a cat and ghost stitched in that 30 x 30 stitch area. You get a cut of 32ct linen, all the DMC flosses, black and white mini-chevron finishing fabric, and a little bag of purple, green, orange and black beads and crystals. All you need is that dental floss and maybe a drop of nail polish! This is another 5-ish inch cutie!
Letters to Santa from Praiseworthy Stitches|
Open your 5 x 3 x 4 decorated mailbox tin to find all the pieces and parts to make this fun set of stitching smalls! There is a 12 x 15 cut of 32ct cream linen in here... 4 different and coordinating finishing fabric cuts, all the DMC flosses you need, a little painted paper snowman, and a bag full of ribbons, ball fringe trim, a darling Santa Claus bell, and lots of varied little beads.
All of it makes a Santa Letter Pin Cushion, a Sleigh Scissor Sheath, a Snowman Pyn Disk, a Peppermint Scissor Fob, a Santa Needle book and a Santa Envelope! 2 Pages of charts along with 2 pages of finishing instructions -- this little mailbox really delivers!!!!!! There's even the little red flag on the side of the tin that raises... so you can store your treats inside, and invite all to open your box and check for the mail inside!
News about Just Cross Stitch's Annual 2016 Halloween Collector's Edition!
- 57 Spooky Designs in this year's Special Edition -- all we have is the teaser cover pic to show you! Magazines due in the shop late July, 2016!
- Annual Christmas Ornament Issue, and its Preview are also coming later -- no teasers on those yet! We'll take your reservations for them anyway -- saves you the effort of having to remember to do it later on!
New Arrivals from Michael Powell
We have Scissor Fob kits, bookmarks, and small charts all featuring Michaels charming signature artwork. Brilliant colors, everything is worked in regular WHOLE Cross Stitch, he just likes to add all the backstitching that goes 'herky-jerky'/hither-and-thither' everywhere! How can these NOT make you smile???
Click the pic to see the bookmarks and small designs -- both pictures and those awesome fob sets! (And DO NOT hide your bookmark in a book -- frame it, for heaven's sake!) and... watch for matching design across the offerings -- fobs that match bookmarks, that sort of thing.
Miniature Scissor and Key Fobs from Michael Powell
Presenting a delightful set of miniature key and scissor fobs -- all featuring the artwork of Michael Powell! I have always loved his things... and since he showed at market this Spring we were able to treat ourselves to lots of fun things!!! This is a collection of 6 different PAIRS of designs -- each is TWO-SIDED -- so each kit has essentially 4 designs in it! All are worked on 18ct canvas -- don't panic -- (it just makes a stronger and more durable fob when finished.) All Cross Stitch, the larger piece is the scissor fob -- 36 x 36 stitches -- finishing 2 x 2, while the key fob is a smaller companion version of the same design -- 27 x 27, finishing 1-1/2 inches square. Different on the fronts and backs, Michael has each of the 4 designs charted twice -- crosses on one chart, backstitch on another for clarity. All the flosses are included for everything... these are DARLING!!!!!
Sweet Land of Liberty
from Blackbird Designs
Blackbird Designs' newest book has arrived! Sweet Land of Liberty is a new book -- with some reprints and some new designs in it!
Reprinted inside is In Full Glory -- the out-of-print Reward of Merit, Liberty Rose, and Salute to Abigail -- both previously exclusive designs. New is American Eagle and Sweet Land of Liberty!
***Announcing our River Cruise through Provence in Summer of 2017!!!***
*May 29th through June 11th, 2017*
Join The Silver Needle along with Jeannette Douglas and Judy, our Cruise Lady as we spend 3 days in Paris, France, and take a high-speed train to Lyon to board the Amacello for a lovely cruise down the Rhone River!
We spend 7 days floating, exploring and stitching through the French countryside -- Avignon and Arles -- to Barcelona for 3 more days!
Just like the cruises they used to advertise during Downton Abbey, we spend less time getting there and more time STITCHING and sightseeing!!!!! The Silver Needle has chartered the entire ship -- The Ama Waterways Ama Cello -- ALL 140 passengers will be OUR group!
Here is the link to the Ama Waterways BASIC information about our itinerary.
***Our prices are NOT those listed. We are a private group, so Judy, and Assistant Ronnie, will have better details for you.***
Here are some details for you!
Judy Bradford: Expedia Cruiseship Centers Toll Free: 866-559 4449.
Ronnie is Judy's Right-Hand-Gal, so Ronnie-Rocks-As-Well!!!
Calavera Sugar Skulls from Mill Hill
This is a set of small bead kits -- just like all of Mill Hill's other smaller kits -- a set of 6 Sugar Skulls! Super bright in color, each finishes approx 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 inch in size... complete kits, you get the 14ct perforated paper, all the flosses and beads, and a tiny charm embellishment.
Add a magnet to the back if you want and they can stick to our file cabinet or fridge! Note: these are shown in the dropdowns in the same order they are shown in the pic -- left to right.
Little Monsters! from Mill Hill
Oh my gosh, these are the CUTEST!!!!! The next set of paper kits in the Mill Hill Trilogy series, these are complete kits to make these cuties! Finishing approx 3 x 4 inches each, they're worked on 14ct perforated paper and adorned with glass beads here and there.
So darn cute -- you need to stitch them for the colorful little monsters in your life! Even though the kits come with the paper, consider switching that out for fabric -- you'll have room to add something like *Lindy's Scary Room!* -- which would make a darling bedroom door sign!
Glitzy Needle Minder Magnets from Accoutrement Designs
These are always fun. and everyone always loves getting, giving, receiving and using these!!! Filled with colorful glass crystals, or enameled each is backed with one of those super-duper strong rare earth metal magnets.
Clings to your needlework frame to hold your needles and scissors, but just as useful on the fridge to hold notes - or your filing cabinet at work - or even medicine cabinet in the bathroom!! Think outside the box a little! All of them are about 1-1/2 inches in size.
Black and Gold Elegance, A Stunning Crab Pin and Bees Galore from Fern Ridge Collections
Pat and Peggy from Fern Ridge have the most delightfully exotic beaded treasures for us to make and enjoy! We get the MOST LUSCIOUS beaded fobs and matching sewing cases -- all kitted up with tons of specialty threads, fabrics and beads....always matching sets.
Mr Clifford The Crab, however, is his *own man!* He is a Peyote-stitched piece that features wired legs -- so you can pose him, and either wear him, perch him on a shelf, frame him in a shadow box, or tuck him into a very special nautical box or sewing case. (He's too cool to hide away though! I'd stick a magnet on him and cling him to my fridge or some place I'll see everyday -- because he's THAT cool!)
We brought home 19 **NINETEEN** kits that we had never had in the shop before -- some old, most new. (If you like Fern Ridge... you are in big trouble!)
Lila's Rose from Reflets de Soie
Reflets de Soie from France has a new beaded pin cushion design that is STUNNING! This petite 3 x 4-1/2 inch cushion is worked all in lavender, rose, white and gold beads -- some are crystal, some are metallic. You are simply stitching on one petite glass bead with 1/2 a stitch over two linen threads of 35 or 36ct linen. It's charted like regular cross stitch -- but no crosses -- just half the stitch!
Your linen will be covered completely with the design... and it'll feel dreamy, soft and heavy to your hand. The beads just glisten... and the finished product is an elegant heirloom! We have several other designs like this one... all are presented with the chart, needle and all the beads pre-sorted and labeled for you. All you'll need is a bit of linen. Some like the stiff Lambswool or Cream, some like the softer fabrics -- either one works!
Punch Needle & Primitive Stitcher Magazine Issue #5 - Spring
The newest issue of this awesome magazine arrived in the shop today. Along with the 10 fun punch needle patterns in here, the 2 rug hooking projects and 6 Cross Stitch pieces... WE are the featured shop!!!!! My little Silver Needle has a 3-page spread!!!!! This magazine is brand new -- this is the 5th issue -- and each one has been filled with gorgeous pictures and original, exclusive projects by various designers in the industry.
Heavy paper on the pages, brilliant, clear pictures, full-sized patterns for everything... you will LOVE paging through it. (And... especially reading all about US!!! We're on page 33!)
Marie Flavin 1872 from Reflets de Soie
Here's another stunning antique sampler by Reflets de Soie. Just like some of her others -- this is presented in chart format. The border is different on three of the sides, color everywhere, lush alphabets and the motifs at the bottom are incredible.
This particular sampler has some religious-looking motfis... may be hard to see in the pic... but some of the others that seem to companion this piece have other florals you could sub. A reproduction of a sampler stitched in 1872... I hope some of my needlework stays gorgeous for 150 years, like this one has!
Our Next Shipment of FLAX is here!
The *Sunshine* Collection -- we have lightweight linens and gauzes in Whitecap, Marina and Caviar Grey! Predominently jackets and tops -- there are dress and pant options, too.
Just three different shades, we concentrated on light blue and gray to complement white. We have lots of pics on our FLAX pages, product descriptions, fabric swatches -- see what you think!!!
Mary Pilgrim's Sampler Pillow from Abby Rose
Just a sweet design, the larger cushion pictured measures 115 x 80 stitches -- so 5 x 7 on 32ct Antique White Linen. The smaller version is just 3-1/2 inches.
Motifs taken from an antique sampler, this is worked with Red Pear, Pecan Pie, Oscar, Olive and Dolphin hand-dyeds. Simple and pretty to perch in that basket of pin cushions you're working on!!!
Several New Things from The Scarlett House
We have 5 new releases by Tanya, all of them are presented in chart format...
- Find Comfort -- 'and peace at home.' Well, that's pretty basic and good advice! Stitch count is 109 x 81 -- so generous on 36ct at 6 x 4-1/2.
- Patriotic Scissor Pocket -- Inspired by antique pottery stoneware crocks, this sports a grand bouquet of summer splendor! The wavy flag in there, the charming sawtooth border -- both are accented with RED scissors (of which we have several offerings!) Main design is 98 stitches square -- approx 6 x 6, and the fobs are coordinating smaller bits of the larger design.
- Center Point Sampler -- Wow, this is gorgeous in person! On 32ct, it finishes approx 7-1/2 inches square, and is coded for silk or DMC floss. The colors are bold, and I LOVE something about the organized picture this presents. I don't know if it's the border lines, the squares and their interruptions or simply the gorgeous solid, exciting motif in the center -- those greens are so yummy! I think you could even split this apart -- stitching each main square with its particular part of the middle, along with the middle panel, and make a basket of 5 pin cushions to nestle together -- as 'bowl fillers' in your bowl!
Mill Hill Buttons & Beads for Autumn 2016
Our annual set of Autumn designs from Mill Hill is here... I think they have been doing these for us for 25 years now -- but maybe even more than that!!! We LOVE 'em, and so do you guys! Always presented as complete kits, they are loaded with DMC floss and glass beads and a Mill Hill hand-made (we've seen the sheets of clay they cut out, and the kilns they bake them in!!!) ceramic button embellishment.
Always finishing the same size -- 5 x 5 on 14/28ct -- we do our models on fabric rather than the provided perf paper, because that's the way we started 25+ years ago... and we're not changing!!!! Our favorite this time is that Moonstruck Cat -- look at those awesome sky colors! And the Haunted Laboratory -- Frank is at the front door -- only he's KNOCKING BEFORE HE COMES IN! (what's up with that??!) Cute and colorful, the complete kits contain the chart, 14ct paper, flosses, beads and buttons.
The Autumn Mini-Kits for 2106 from Mill Hill
Joining the other million of these little kits produced by Mill Hill... we have this year's collection of Fall. Always fun to stitch, these little kits contain the pattern, 14ct perforated paper, all the necessary floss and Mill glass beads and Treasures. They are one of the best stitching bargains around because of all the stuff you get in them, and the fact that they are CUTE when they're finished! They even have a little magnet in there... so you can cling them to your fridge or filing cabinet.
Pumpkin Jack is TWO SIDED! -- Very Retro or very geometric. And, the elephant and donkey are very timely this year!!! We'll assume that if you order the 'wrong party,' it's really not for you, and rather a gift for a 'friend at work!' Isn't that little American Pie CUTE?
Alphabet Art from Just Another Button Company
Just Another Button Company has the most delightful set of alphabet letters and the ampersand to spell out words and names! These are perfect to use to teach a beginning stitcher!
They are actually white 5-1/2 inch squares of 14ct perforated paper that JABCO has printed with stripes, spots or hearts of beige, pinks and greens. Each letter, also printed in black on the paper, features its own background... meaning all the M's have the pink stripes, but other letters have different colored stripes! Stitch a little or a lot -- they have charted only a small floral design for each, and provided buttons for garnish.
You supply the bits of floss from your stash. SO cute, colorful, fresh, bright, clean and cheerful... you can stitch just one initial or spell out a huge long greeting! Just depends on your budget! Frame or finish on scrapbook papers -- you decide.
Where's My Margarita? - Our April 2016 Secret Needle Night Kit
Cinco de Mayo is on the way... and we're celebrating with this month's Secret Needle Night design! The little Pearl Cotton cactus is wearing his Very Velvet sombrero complete with glitzy trim! I added cactus pricklies with Fuzzy Stuff -- it's green with touches of something in it to catch the light! A few bronze beads on that Fyre Werks border... and wow, you're finished!!!
The complete kit contains the chart, threads and beads, and 18ct natural linen. Mona's finishing kit is for a Quick 'n Easy Easel Stand-up... bright turquoise fabric on the back and cute green ball fringe on the edges!
Spool Pin Cushions and Scissor Keepers from Milady's Needle
Aren't these the cutest??? Milady's Needle has a pair of kits for these delightful accessories. Both are presented as kits including 40ct Vintage Examplar Linen by Lakeside Linens, 10 or 11 colors of Needlepoint Inc Silk, one wooden spool standing 3 inches high and almost 2 inches in diameter, and the chart with finishing instructions -- all in a re-useable clear plastic zippered pouch.
After your stitching, each is finished with Nun's Stitch, cut out and wrapped around the spool. Rabbit Run includes the light tan and green leafed bunny fabric for the cushion tuft, (Gloria made sure you have a bunny in the fabric pattern appearing on the top of your cushion) and the two butterfly-topped pins in the pic -- so you have something pretty to poke in to your cushion! Deep summer-greens in this one. Garden Visit includes that beaded scissor fob (not the scissors) with the little deer charm on the end. Gorgeous roses and greens in this one.
Mum's the Autumn Word - A Floss Keeper from The Purple Thread
The Purple Thread has designed a cute little thread keeper -- it's presented as a small and complete kit. It makes a 3 x 4-ish piece that stores threads by its 8 numbers. Reference THOSE numbers on your pattern so you can re-use THIS palette. On your pattern label THOSE colors as one through eight -- they'll correspond to these loops -- making this board re-useable!
Your pumpkin, lavender, soft mossy green and butterscotch flosses stitch the geometric-inspired designs... and those colors mimic the ones in the pretty backing fabric that is included. You are basically covering two boards, attaching the wrong sides together, and adding rings to hold threads. Just a fun little thing, it'd make a fun stitch group gift!
Measure Twice from Needlework Press
*Measure Twice, Cut Once!* Another stitched tape measure!!!!! By Needlework Press, this is a 36-inch stitched banding that wraps around a wooden spool! Choose a favorite color of thread... you'll be stitching your ruler on the included 27ct linen banding. Vickie & Maegan warn you that the linen isn't PERFECT (they found this out the hard way!) -- so if you want a FUNCTIONING and accurate tape, keep counting and measuring and comparing to make sure your stitched measurements are accurate.
If you want just a cute measure tape around the spool -- you can follow the chart just fine -- but might be a thread or two 'off' at the final 36-inch mark. Then, your tape rolls up on that spool -- how cute is that?!
Time to Stitch from Needlework Press
Oh wow... we ALL need this pattern!!! Choose a favorite color of thread -- and decide how big you want this to be. The chart suggests 28ct to fit into the top of either an 8 x 8 or 6 x 6 Lone Elm Lane Shaker Box. They have used Lady Dot Creates hand-dyed cotton chenille for the edging to trim and cover any edging issues.
NOW... THINK! Choose a bitty fabric, and go over one if you want -- stitch count for this is 90 stitches -- make pin cushions!!! You can either fit this into a Lone Elm smaller cushion base --or just finish this into a round stuffed cushion! It's the sweetest thing! A button box would be neat, but so would a pin cushion! We have TONS of options for you! Presented as a chart.
Handprint On My Heart from Heartstring Samplery
You'll always be with me, like a handprint on my heart Choose a favorite fabric and lovely shade of hand-dyed silk or cotton floss... this stitching measures 114 x 64 in total area... so approx 7 x 4 on 32ct.
Presented as the chart, Beth has personal thoughts in here, as well as info for finishing. One of several new designs we have, click the pic to see the rest!
NINE New Things from Nikyscreations
Niky brought such cute patterns with her to Market... we came home with 8 new ones, and her Market Exclusive Limited Edition Kit. All (except the kit) are presented in chart format, all are coded for DMC floss, and each is stitched on neutral hand-dyed linen. Click the pics to see all the new!
***The Birdcage Kit is the Market Exclusive.***
It includes a really cute stained wooden birdhouse thread palette -- measuring 3 x 6-1/2 inches, featuring 6 thread holes and 2 more holes to display your stitching.
Along with the cut of Niky's hand-dyed 32ct linen, you get a pretty little paper card (decorated with vintage birdcage artwork) with the DMC flosses all pre-sorted and labeled on it, a cut of brown cord to line the edges of your stitched areas, and the wooden cut-outs made from those two holes!! (Use for backing.) SUPER-Charming, is the included page from on old book -- it's written in Italian!! -- that you'll use as the backing paper for the birdhouse!
Cute Designs from Jardin Prive'
A trio of charming charts we stumbled across at the recent Spring Wholesale Needlework Market -- all three of these can be stitched on any fabric you like, and are coded for DMC floss. No special embellishments or threads called for -- that's YOUR challenge if you're up to it! Add some beads to borders and eyes, furry Simply Wools to the animals, maybe some bitty bells for the cat collars? Some metallic to those scissors... what about Satin Stitches on the thread spools? French Knots for the sheep and bee buttons???
Each of them is really cute, and full of fun design motifs. Cats and Dogs both measure 117 x 117 -- about 8-1/2 inches square on 14/28ct. The Scissors and Spools measures 143 x 86 -- so about 10 x 6. Cute!
January and February from Cross Eyed Cricket
Vicki has finished her 12-part set of the months of the year! Joining tons of 'seasons' and a few 'words'... every single one of these has been tons fun to look at try to discover the meanings behind the motifs in each letter.
January is full of angels and the passage of time. February is loaded with love!!! Each is presented as a leaflet... and this time around both call for only DMC flosses and no special button embellishments./td>
Patriotic Quilt from Rosewood Manor
Rosewood Manor has several new designs -- everyone LOVES her patriotic ones -- so I chose this one to feature on Just Arrived! Did you know that Karen donates 10% of her sales of her patriotic designs to Wounded Warriors? Featuring the Preamble to The Constitution in the center, Patriotic Quilt showcases the names of all who signed the Constitution, and the states they represented.
Really a neat piece, it is stitched on Weeks 32ct Parchment linen and finishes approx 13 x 13. It's coded for Valdani hand-dyeds, but you'll have good Weeks or Gentle Art colors in your stash, if Valdani isn't available to you.
Stoneware Pillows III
from Priscilla's Pocket
Priscilla's Pocket continues her charming set of Salt-glazed Stoneware pin cushions... this set of 7 brings the total in the collection to 21!!!! Beautiful and tiny, each cushion is stitched on Weeks Dye Works 35ct Tin Roof Linen in ONE shade of thread -- Gentle Art's Black Raspberry Jam. Our charts all come with the matching 3 yards of mini-ball fringe trim by Dames of the Needle.
PERFECT to finish all seven cushions in the chart pack, these are so petite (2 x 2-ish!) and cute!!!! We have a small basket display that gets played with everyday in the shop!! Purchase a fat quarter 18 x 27 cut for these... if you're careful, you can get a million on there (or at least maybe 24??) Presented as the chart with 3 yards of matching trim.
Stoneware Cat & Kitten
from Priscilla's Pocket
Tiny Market Exclusives by Priscilla's Pocket -- These are a *TRY ME* thing! Bitty kitties -- with that Salt Glaze Stoneware flavor -- each comes as a small kit of chart, 35ct Week's Tin Roof Linen and just enough of that matching mini-ball fringe by Dames of the Needle to make your 2-inch-ish pin cushion!!!
So... in the middle of that glorious dish of pottery motifs, you can hide your matching mini-kitty or mini-cat cushion! 2015's Special kit was the CAT - still available to shops that purchased at the show (that would include The Silver Needle!) and 2-16's Special Kit is the KITTY! So sweet!
Hand-Painted Thread Palettes From Italy
Oh, just send me to Italy and leave me there in Positano or Sorrento or Umbria -- just anywhere! I LOVE all the pretty needlework treasures we find from Italy!
Again -- not very many available, we have 2-1/4-inch-ish wooden palettes -- 12 small holes in each -- that are hand-painted in the centers with various florals. Something one-of-a-kind to be featured in a pretty sewing case, or framed shadow-box of needlework smalls... !
Olde Colonial has several fun new things... Here is a box to store your thread waxers... then, make sure to click through to her inside pages to see the rest of the new.
The Bee Keepers Needlework Box - A Box to store your Beeswax Waxers!
from Olde Colonial
This is a smoothly finished 6 x 9 x 2 honey-colored stained wooden box with a stitched lid. Choose a neutral cream or lightly yellowed or tanned 32ct linen for the Satin-stitched beehives and floral vine decorating the top. Everything is charted for DMC, Weeks and Gentle Art flosses.
After your stitching is finished, you are wrapping the provided board with your needlework and attaching the little wooden knob handle. On the underside of the lid, you are lining the lid with gingham fabric, and buttoning down a band to hold threads and scissors. You get a really cool circular beeswax candle in a miniature wooden crate to store in here -- in case you don't have any threading waxers.
The box kit contains the box, lid board, gingham lining fabric, Warm and Natural batting, interfacing, the wooden knob, that darling candle, chart, and finishing instructions. What a fun and different project! If you've been collectiog the beeswax molded pieces, you need something to store them in besides plastic bags!!!
Luscious Hand-dyed Cotton Velveteen for Finishing from Dames of the Needle
Dames of the Needle has been busy dying wonderful, rich and soft cotton velveteen for you to use on the backs of your pin cushions! Use this where you would use any finishing fabric -- sewing cases, small pillows, it is *just the right weight* to make everything feel substantial. Hand-dyed, I chose Elizabeth's softer colors that go with so many of the hand-dyed flosses everyone uses. Her colors are not blotchy -- they are just dreamy, dusty and rich -- put lizard litter inside your cushion and put this on the back and you will never want to put it down!
Presented in 14 x 17-ish cuts. We have 11 colors. I have given *SORT OF MATCHES* to thread colors for you. THESE ARE NOT EXACT MATCHES... but I wanted to give you some idea of the shades each has
- Aged Saffron -- Weeks Whiskey or Chickpea
- Baby Seal -- Weeks River Rock
- Colonial Tea -- Weeks Sand
- Dirty Ewe -- Weeks Cattail or Conch
- Dirty Khaki -- Weeks Tarragon or Pamlico and GAST Lexington Green
- Faded Bell Bottom Blues -- Weeks Dolphin
- Lush Meadow -- Weeks Collards
- Sea Cap -- Weeks Dolphin or Jaybird and GAST Crystal Lake
- Sweeny Red -- Weeks Merlot
- Tarnished Halo -- Weeks Gold
- Texarkana Sage --- Weeks Cornsilk.
Here's a trio of darling rabbits -- Easter and not -- they just make you smile! By Val's Stuff, they are stitched on 14ct perforated paper (you'll remember her Spooks of the month last year? same deal.) Finish them flat, with felt backing, and they look great hanging on a spray-painted white spring tree branch, standing up in an Easter basket, or attach a magnet and stick them on your file cabinet at work!
There's a Hare in My Candy needs to prop in a bowl of candy -- he finishes approx 3 x 4 and includes the felt, paper, eyes and bean buttons.
How Does finishes 3 x 4 as well, includes the wool for backing, as well as the purple flower, and the clay eye buttons. Cute as a plant poke!
Jelly Bean Buzz DEFINITELY needs to be perched in a bowl of Jelly Beans!!!!! He's 2 x 4, and includes the paper, felt, sparkly purple ribbon and green crazy eyes. You'll need bits of flosses from your stash for all of these.
***Lots of other new things by Val's Stuff as well... click to her page to see the rest!!!
January * February * March
from Just Another Button Company and Hands-On Design
2016's Chalk Squared Series is beginning! Stitch these luscious 4-inch florals on deep gray 30 or 32ct Week's Gunmetal Linen -- the whites, greens and bits of bright color really POP on the darker fabric. Hands On Design and Just Another Button Company have collobrated on a large 13-part design this year that offers you several different stitching and finishing options.
Stay small and flexible with the individual rounds... or make a committment to stitch the entire series into one large piece.
A Moment in Chalk* -- *Each moment of the year has its own beauty* -- Finishing approx 8-1/2 inches square on 30 or 32ct Gunmetal, this features pretty poppy-reds. butter-yellows, and retro-aqua colors. Presented as the chart with smattering of button embellishments -- stitch this by itself... or make it the centerpiece of the bigger picture.
January, February, March -- The first three of the 12 months, these are presented in chart format on small cards -- with their button packs. Stitched on 30 or 32ct Gunmetal linen, they finish about 4 x 4. You see them here -- tucked into white enameled-metal candle pans (tart tins) -- the white really sets off the dark gunmetal gray of your fabric, and accents the whites in your stitches. Get some super-duper-strong magnets, and attach these to your fridge or filing cabinet -- each month is so pretty just by itself! (There is a finishing kit to help you get your stitching into that little pan perfectly -- precut boards, fluff, backing, felt and instructions.)
Your alternative is to stitch all these little round florals onto that bigger piece that surrounds the Moment in Chalk piece. We suggest a phone call to consult about fabric sizes, which way you want to do this set... pans vs fabric, finishing kits vs not... whew!
Me & You, Cat & Dog, Summertime Roll Up and Summer Scissor Block
La D Da has six cute new things... three framed pieces, two needle/sewing books and that fun little scissor block! Charts and kits... I love those bitty Cats and Dogs!!! Click the pics to see all the details.
Medley of Carols from Glendon Place
Wow... this is gorgeous! Glendon Place has a new piece that should put you in the musical mood at Christmastime! Celebrating vintage Christmas Carols, there are 12 blocks in this 291 x 220 design -- you can stitch them individually or all together. Each is stitched in white and features BITS of metallics, beads or red lettering -- not much -- just accents.
The fabric is the COOLEST! By Picture This Plus, it is a deep green hand-dyed 28ct Cashel Linen that has opalescent running through it. It is just yummy, sparkly, and a DEFINITE for this design. NOTHING else will do, so we are offering the fabric along with this chart. The cut is 24 x 27, so if you want to stitch all 12 of these individually, you'll have *some* between each -- not much so be careful. Plenty, though, if you want to stitch only some of them.
Celebrated Carols include: Silent Night, Angels We Have Heard On High, Let There Be Peace On Earth, O Christmas Tree, We Wish You A Merry Christmas, Frosty The Snowman, White Christmas, Silver Bells, First Noel, Jolly Old St Nicholas, Deck The Halls, and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
Hand-painted Magnetic Ruler
We've always carried this charming little hand-painted ruler... we had another version of this painted for the Shepherd's Bush Stitching Circle Kits we just sent out to our Circle Stitchers... so I thought it was time I put this little thing back up on the website!
Bright yellow on the background, hand-painted correctly as a 6-inch ruler, it's a fun gift, and a perfect cheerful treasure to store in your stitching nest. Because it's magnetic, it'll cling to your lamp, magnetic chart board... or even your file cabinet at work!!
New Arrivals from Heart in Hand...
We have six new things, so click the pics to see them all!
(We have new Wee Ones, too, so be sure to check out that page!)
This is a set of 4 small 2 x 2-ish designs and their embellishments and border chart that we have ALL TOGETHER for you. (no chasing down the pieces and parts -- we have them all NOW!) Stitch the whole thing on one piece of linen (30ct Scuppernong) following the border chart for placement, OR stitch each on it's color of 30ct linen. Spring is on Week's Gold, Summer is on Red Pear, Autumn is on Guacamole and Winter is on Blue Jeans. Everything is stitched in black DMC or Week's Mascara floss and garnished with a smattering of 9 colorful little buttons.
- Black & White - Spring Sampler
Who Knew that Spring could be cute in just black and white????? Heart in Hand has a new kit that finishes into a 5-ish inch mini pillow or pin cushion. The alphabet with small motifs along the top half measures approx 3 x 5. The kit contains the 28ct Dirty Cashel you need for that, as well as the cute black and whote running bunny fabric, the cut of apple green rik-rak dividing the two halves, the Mascara and Oatmeal hand-dyed flosses and that pretty flower-shaped shell button you see on there! What a pretty little thing!
Capodimonte Porcelain Pins
Well, these completely top every decorated pin we have... they are hand-made one-of-a-kind porcelain-topped pins from Italy.
Packaged in a gift box, the tiny brochure is translated to read: *This certificate with the signature of the craftsman on each piece (I can't see that small!) ensures that every item is produced in the laboratory of Porcellane Carusio and is entirely made and hand painted by master craftsmen using traditional processing of Capodimonte porcelain and provisions of the Law 188/90 (C.A.T. -- Ceramics Artistic and Traditional) with colors called "third fire" that by cooking to 780 Celsius ensures lasting stability.*
We don't have many sets, and each is some matching shade of pale pink or lavender. Mmmm!
Coffee & Tea & Desert Pins and Buttons From Italy
Oh, such DARLING handmade pins and buttons... I don't know how you are going to choose just one favorite set of these!!! Beautifully hand-crafted little works of art, poke or sew these onto the tops of pin cushions, or fronts of sewing cases, they are too exquisite to hide in your stash drawer!!! Pins match their counterpart buttons...
- Coffee PINS -- A coffee bean, coffee pot, decorated cupcake for desert, red heart, creamer pitcher, and little cup and saucer round out this set. Each pin topping is approx 1/3 an inch in size! 6 Pins in the set.
- Tea PINS:-- The decorated cupcake, blue heart, tea cup, matching tea pot, another heart, and another yummy desert -- because High Tea is full of delicious treats -- this is charming!
- Coffee BUTTONS -- This features reds again -- so it matches the pin set.. slightly larger versions of the bean, the pot, and pretty decorative hearts. 8 Pieces in the set.
- Tea BUTTONS -- You get the I Love Tea sign, a bisquite, tea bag, a pair of tea cups... 7 more charming buttons in this set, along with the tea bag charm.
A Spool of Tape
from Cherished Stitches
Oh this is a cute little kit by Cherished Stitches! ONLY $10! Just a bitty thing, you get a 1-inch wooden spool in it... (Louise confessed that she used a black sharpie to color it rather than spray paint!!!) and 10 inches of printed cotton twill tape -- it looks like a tape measure! Also a cut of 32ct linen, floss and beads... and the chart to stitch a tiny outside band to help wrap up your miniature spool of tape!
We're talking almost no time at all to make... and TONS of charm remaining for a long time!!!! A fun stitch-group gift... you could personalize that outside band too! Good Job, Louise!
Sweetheart Etui with Needlebook
from Cherished Stitches
Oh this is sweet and easy on your budget! It's a kit that contains the CUTEST hinged white miniature heart tin with a perforated top. The tin measures a mere 2-1/2 inches across and about an inch high. Inside, you'll stitch a tiny over-one needle book on 30ct linen with Needlepoint Inc silks.
Louise has included the tin, linen, silks, silk Dupioni linings and ribbons, pink wool flannel and a Bohin tapestry needle to stitch with and then store inside! A very pretty little thing, there are even diagonal Queen stitches on that heart etui!
Colorful Replacement Clamps for Q-Snaps
Well, WHY go for white, when you can have COLOR??? Q-Snap frames just got a whole lot more interesting with the release of these colorful replacement clamps! Use thesde to replace the 'relaxing' fabric holding clamps on your snap frames.
Two sizes -- 8-1/2 inch is for the 11-inch sides, the 5-3/4 inch is for the smaller 8-inch frames.
John James has run out of Platinum Needles, and because costs have risen so much, will not be plating more. Yarn Tree, one of our industry distributors, purchased their back-stock that were loose -- just bulk -- and re-packaged them in their cool little screw-top clear plastic needle vials! So, now we have Platinum Tapestry Needles again!!! ('till these are gone, too!)
Some stitchers have allergies to nickel -- the normal plating on needles -- so Platinum is a more comfortable stitching option. (Do your needles get brown-ish (tarnished) and draggy??? If so, you are probably allergic to nickel!) So... for a happy time, we have Tapestry Needles available in #24 for 14/28 counts, #26 for 32-ish counts and #28 for smaller count fabrics.
*Whatever!* A Collection of Grumpy and Happy Patterns
from AB Designs
Get out all your fun colors of fabrics to stitch these designs... these are on various counts of Week's Peoria Purple, Chartreuse and Pumpkin. Amy says they are good for 'Sending a Message' or just perching in a bowl -- if you are the more silent type! Colorful, cheerful, wild... all are included in the one set of patterns, no specific embellishments called for -- although you could get imaginative with those yourself.
Charted for regular colors of DMC floss (700, 742, 971, 553, 321, 310 and 907) -- these colors give you a basic suggestion -- get into your hand-dyeds for these as well!!! Included are: NEVER EVER, NO, WHATEVER, GO AWAY, TODAY WILL BE AMAZING, THANK YOU, THIS COFFEE (TEA, WINE, COLA) IS MAKING ME AWESOME, AND YES!!!
Yarn Ball of Kitty Cats & Dog House of Puppy Dogs
from Bent Creek
Bent Creek has two new 'somethings of somethings!' -- more additions to their set of these cute designs. Offered in kit format. you are working on 18ct natural linen with #5 Pearl Cottons. Each of these includes a tiny heart button embellishment as well, and they finish approx 6 x 6.
Super-easy stitching, they are fun to grab and go on a trip. I can recognize the dogs on here... and wouldn't it be fun to stitch some of the animals in Simply Wools or Rainbow Gallery's Wispers and Alpaca threads???
Snapper: World of Color from Bent Creek
OK... a new 6-part mini set of designs surrounded by a border, I think this is actually going to be very cute! Each of the 'colors' are presented as a small chart -- the first is red -- and they include that color of small button and a snap embellishment. (They can also be stitched alone.)
The main border chart that surrounds everything is separate -- 335 x 80 in stitch count, it finishes approx 22 x 3 on 30ct Week's Straw Linen, and it comes with more snaps and seven colorful buttons. Available now, is RED and the Border chart. We'll begin an auto-ship for the other small charts as they are released.
from Blackberry Lane Designs
Marie Driskill has three new things -- all Patriotic in theme -- so click the pic to take you to her inside page to see the others!
Freedom Tree is stunning. It is a companion to her Christmas and Halloween trees... they are just amazing little works of stitched art! Presented as a chart, the entire thing is only 3 x 5 on 32ct. The tree branches themselves are worked over two threads, but all the decorations on the tree are over one thread and SUPER, SUPER detailed.
Solders and drums and flags -- all of them are like 5 x 6 stitches in regular size, but because they are charted for one thread... they are really twice that size. A cannon, the Liberty Bell, George is on here, fireworks , an eagle... we get everything!!! 29 Shades of DMC, and either a beaded garland (Mill Hill 40479, 40020 and 42043 Petite seed beads) or cross stitches... I think I see a pair of ANTS down at the bottom holding a flag that is 1 x 1-1/2 stitches!!!!!!!!
Vote * Indivisible * I Pledge Allegiance from SamSarah Design Studio
Sam Sarah has three designs that are very timely and I thought these would present well together! All offered as charts, each comes with a small button or two. How about a bowl of Political Pin Cushions??? Choose some Lady Dot Creates Union, Sizzle, Vintage, Snow or Vanilla Ball Fringe or chenille to trim these -- get the trim and then match your hand-dyed threads for the set!
- VOTE -- 30Ct Havana Weeks Linen, this fits into a 4-inch tart tin you can find in a kitchen store -- and will make a cute round cushion as well. Can you see from the pic how Patti stitched the hand-dyeds in the squares in a square rotation -- so that she didn't have horizontal shaded lines in this? She wanted the shading to follow the square shape. Chart comes with a small red heart button.
- Indivisible -- Weeks 30ct Light Khaki Linen, this one finishes approx 3 x 7. The chart includes three bitty buttons.
- I Pledge Allegiance -- Stitched on Week's Dye Works 30ct Periwinkle Linen with over-dyed flosses, there are 5 star buttons included with the chart. Finishes approx 6 x 3-1/2.
Elephants and Donkeys: Magnets with Glitz... from Accoutrement Designs
Well, Tis the Season!!!!! Just for fun, we have 'elegant' needle minder elephants and donkeys for all the Republicans and Democrats out there! Perfect to hold your needles, you can stick them on the filing cabinets at work... just where-ever a magnet would cling.
About 1-1/2 inches in size, they sparkle with red, crystal and navy blue. We won't hold it against you if you order the party we don't like... we'll just assume that one is a gift for a 'friend at work!'
Adam and Eve, Mary Bovee and Spotted Pigs from Stacy Nash Primitives
Stacy Nash has seven new releases that are really fun!!! 6 New charts and a really cute Adam and Eve Tray kit... you're going to want to see them all. I didn't have room to describe all of them here, so click the pic. Those pigs are the cutest... and the chicken on Adam and Eve is as cute as the one from Miss Baxter's Farm!
A Churchyard Christmas from Praiseworthy Stitches
Praiseworthy Stitches has released their annual Christmas Scene, and this year, it is the chaos that surrounds the annual Children's Churchyard Nativity. All is not well! Halos are crooked, crowns are bent, and some of the camels have escaped!
Kindergarten and 1st Grade Teachers Pam and Susan have lots of personal experience with these school events, and decided it was time to share them!!! Their endearing picture measures approx 19 x 12, is stitched on 32ct Picture This Plus Mirage Linen and calls for no less than 39 different hand-dyed or DMC shades!!!!! (you'll need 10 skeins of Snowflake!!!)
Yet another charming scene... it joins Going to Grandma's, Carols on the Square and Santa's Midnight Flight. Presented as a chart, we have the gorgeous deep gray hand-dyed 32ct Mirage linen cut ready -- it gives all this that deepening-wintery-dusky sky feel. Pretty houses and the church, darling little costumes on the children, there are touches of metallic (5760, 009HL and 003HL) and beads (42039, 42013, 40557) here and there to add bits of sparkle. Always something new and cute when you look at this!
Erica Michaels has New Berries, and lots of other fun things!!!
Linda is expanding her delightful collection of stitched berry cushions, she chooses a theme and does one design for linen and a companion design for silk gauze -- you have stitching choices!!! Quaker and Sampler Berries are new and I JUST LOVE THEM!
At first glance, you think the pairs are alike -- they are NOT! Of course, you can stitch the silk version on the linen or linen on silk -- or either on Aida -- don't get hung up on that -- Just enjoy these charming designs and the neat cushion shape!!!
Presented as charts, the finishing is simple and instructions are included. MAKE SURE you check out the Halloween, Christmas, Valentines and Winter Berries, too!
- Quaker Linen Berry is worked on 32ct linen in just one hand-dyed color. You can choose any color combinations you want! It finishes approx 4 inches long.
- Quaker Silk Berry is done on the provided cut of 40ct silk gauze. A mighty little thing measuring just 2 inches, it is worked in Classic Colorworks Silks and features a bitty spool up there as the berry stem!
- Sampler Linen Berry is on 35ct Weeks Cocoa and features the alphabet over one. Stick in some special stitches if you want! Linda finished this with a bit of antique lace for the top and added a few old buttons -- so neat.
- Sampler Silk Berry has an alphabet too, but different motifs. You can still do specialty stitches on silk gauze -- definitely tiny showcases of your stitching talents!
New Designs from JBW
Judy Whitman has 6 new releases that we needed to show you!!! All are offered in her small card format, embellishments -- if called for -- are included with the chart.
- Floral Alphabet #315 -- I LOVE this!!! Measuring 148 x 114 in stitch count (9 x 7 on 32ct), this is a gorgeous flowing alphabet worked in only ONE hand-dyed thread color (which can be any color you want!!!) Frame it, pillow it... very elegant.
- French Country Bicycle #316 Classic French motifs of flower baskets, lavender, a cafe and bicycle all brim with charm. Stitch it on any cream color with hand-dyeds from your stash. Finishes approx 4 x 5.
- French Country Snowflake #317 -- Her pattern shows several different fabric and thread options for this... a pin cushion, add the letters or not... without the word, stitch count is 48 x 57... and if you did that over one on 28 Lugana... you'd have a 2 x 2-1/2 in mini ornament!!!
- Country French Stork #318 -- A New Baby Classic! Stitched on Polka Dot linen... the pastel stripes would be pretty too... or something even solid pastels -- match your thread to your fabric color. A complete alphabet and set of numbers is here for personalization.. stork is approx 65 x 70 stitches by himself.
- Ready Set Go! #319 TOO CUTE! This is full of bright colors and lots of tiny 'wheel' buttons -- 22 of them!!! Cars, planes, trains and lots of other things to get your little guy from one place to another in his imagination, this would make a really cute bedroom decoration -- especially with a special name on it! Stitch count is 198 x 40 -- finishing approx 2-1/2 x 12!
- A Visit From The Tooth Fairy #320 -- For quite an important occasion... get this NOW so you are ready for the first *big night!* (Remember it could happen at Grandma's House!!) It is stitched on opalescent fabric -- we have 28 and 32cts as well as some super-pretty pastel opalescent Aidas as well -- lots of options for this 68 x 53 design. The prefinished pillow treatment has a small tooth pocket on the back.
OOh La La from JBW
Judy describes this as a darling little scissor kit with a pocket on the back for your (Eiffel Tower) scissors.
Each kit includes the 32ct linen for the larger design and a cut of 28 for the over-one fob, the print and polka dot fabrics, button, rik rak and complete finishing instructions. There are two different background options offered -- tiny crowns or an alphabeet -- selet your favorite.
With Thy Needle's Brenda Gervais has 14 new designs!
Kind of a challenge to fight off that creeping feeling of falling behind with your projects... it's amazing how she can whip up this many new things! We're certainly happy about it though!!!!!!
Everything is presented in chart format, Brenda loves to use everyone's hand-dyed flosses -- they are all mixed up in these. Linens all vary as well, but one common thread throughout is the distressing after stitching with coffee grounds. Lovely designs for Spring, Home, and lots of Patriotic charm... click the pics to see size details for each.
New From Blackbird Designs!!!
Introducing The Tender Heart Series
Barb and Alma have a new series of small designs -- pin cushioned-sized -- that are all going to finish into hearts. They will be stunning all nestled together in a pretty basket or tray. The first 4 titles in the set have been released... the publishing schedule for the rest is *gentle and relaxed* (meaning probably not monthly!) So, you guessed it, we are beginning an auto-ship for the others so you don't have to worry about getting them on time!
Beautifully presented in small full-colored 1/2-sized leaflets, Alma wants you to KNOW that you can use treasured bits of your leftover linen scraps for these -- so many shades and colors will work for these. Some use one piece, some use two... all of them so far are shown on 32ct... all use a medley of Classic Colorworks, Gentle Art and Week's hand-dyed cottons (mostly browns, but you can change those if you want) ... and they are so charming!
- Pledge of Affection -- Approx 5 x 6, a pretty sampler bird holding a heart in its beak.
- My Heart is Home -- Approx 6 x 6 -- two shades of brown hand-dyeds, you could change those to anything pretty you like!!
- Stitch by Stitch -- Approx 3-/12 x 4-3/4, this features two different fabrics and only 3 hand-dyeds. 'Stitch by Stitch, mending my heart.'
- Sweetheart Pocket -- Approx 4 x 4 -ish, this features two fabrics as well, and they've finished it with a pocket and tucked in some scissors!
American Stag Kit from Chessie & Me
Linda's semi-annual mini-kit is here... a peaceful cabin with a patriotic summer sky. Just a 3 x 4-ish thing, this is offered as a complete kit of 36ct Vintage Woodsmoke hand-dyed linen by Lakeside, with lengths of Weeks and Gentle Art hand-dyed flosses. Linda always incorporates special stitches into her designs -- this one features 4-Sided and Long Arm Crosses all along the border, a cabin roof entirely of Smyrna Crosses, Satin Stitches as the cabin logs, and the Stag, which is worked in tent -- one thread over one thread.
Great flag across the top -- I don't see the little Chessie Kitty! (You might have to dig into your Chessie stash to find that little guy on another chart, in case you want him in here!) Pretty shades of deep greens, brick red, and charcoal grays. (Scroll down to see the other new Chessie & Me designs.)
So Much New From Tina and Teri of Shepherd's Bush!
Everything is here waiting for you -- we brought it all home from Market!
- Slate Snowman -- We think this is the 8th little guy in this charming set of annual snowmen -- He is presented as a full kit of gorgeous 30ct Weeks Dye Works Dolphin Linen, and includes 2 hand-dyed silks along with 7 colors of Weeks's hand-dyed cottons. Little buttons garnish, and even though the verse says In the bleak mid winter... there is nothing bleak about this!!! It's very cheerful!
- Alphabet Basket -- A pretty floral basket with lush blossoms, you can stitch just that part, or the alphabet... it's on 32ct Country French Linen and is worked in Weeks flosses and a bit of hand-dyed silk. Finishing approx 5 x 7, yummy greens and lavenders, a couple of easy specialty stitches and two bitty buttons are all included in the kit.
- Busy Bees Tray -- Busy Bees Happy Heart Another small-sized kit, 32ct Country French Mocha Linen, pretty greens, berries, teal and cream Weeks flosses, this fits into a 3 x 5 inch wooden tray. It'd finish into a pin cushion too, either way, it's full on Tina and Teri's personality! Offered as the kit of chart, linen, threads and buttons.
THEN, we are treated to her hand-made miniature scissor fobs. They are tiny bits of stitching on printed paper, and sealed under resin. Each has a pretty silvery frame around it, a few garnishing beads and a clam-shell clasp to attach to your scissors or whatever you want. BOTH items are limited in edition each year... so right now... we have them!
- All is Well -- This one is presented in a leaflet. Bees in the garden, sheep in the dell, flowers in the meadow, all is well. It finishes approx 7 x 8 on Weeks 30ct Parchment and is stitched with a variety of hand-dyed flosses. The wooden sheep buttons and little fence piece are separate -- but you'll definitely want those!
- Long May Ewe Wave -- This season's limited edition kit, you get a cute little sheep tending his flag and busy garden of bees. The kit offers the 18ct Natural Light linen, Weeks hand-dyed flosses, some ecru Simply Wool, beads, the teal-blue silk ribbon to rouch around the pin cushion edges along with the backing cushion fabric, and the beautifully hand-made 3-dimensional beehive button. After the limited kits are gone, all we will be able to offer is the chart with button.
- Spring Sheep -- This little gal is standing in her garden of wildly blooming gigantic flowers. Her basket is nearby, and I think I see a decorated egg in the grass! Finishing approx 3 x 3 -- this pin cushion comes as a small complete kit of chart, linen, buttons and threads.
New Arrivals from Jeannette Douglas Designs
Oh my gosh... we have 13 new things from Jeannette Douglas!!! Large samplers. more Patterned Pretties, Pin Cushions and a darling divided box design... we have a ton of cool stuff to present and describe to you! All of it is here in the shop... most offer the specialty threads separately and we even have some wool finishing packs to help make your creations look just like the originals. Click the pics to see all the new!
New Trim Colors from Lady Dot Creates
Ohhh... Rich new colors of Lady Dot Creates's luscious mini-balls and cotton chenille trims... They are a pin-cushion's best friend!!! Lois's baby-ball fringe is super cool because it can be used as it comes, or you can pull off the edging strip, and it turns into a slender row of little balls that you can tack on with hidden top stitches. If you leave on the edging strip -- that can be sewn into a seam. If you aren't a sewing machine gal... pull off that edging strip, and you can simply tack on your little balls with no extra bulk in the edging.
The cotton chenille Lady Dot uses is about twice the thickness of every other cotton chenille out there... so you can actually SEE it around the edges of your lovely things. LOTS of gorgeous colors now, there are seven to add to the selection!!!
Announcing Laurel Burch DOGS!
Mill Hill presents the ever-charming and famous artwork of Laurel Burch's dogs in Cross Stitch! Joining their collection of CAT kits, we now have 6 new dogs to stitch as well! The colors in all of these are rich -- everything is accented with either gold metallic thread, or gold glass beads.
Offered in complete kit format, Mill Hill has made them with Aida or Linen as the base fabric -- you decide -- and added all the necessary DMC flosses and metallics as well as a smattering of seed beads to make them glisten. Two are stitched on a Tropical Turquoise, two are on a charcoal gray, and two are on a rich purple background. So darn cute and colorful... I don't know how you can choose a favorite!
Summer in Nantucket and Liberty's Welcome coming from Plum Street Samplers
Here is the final pair of new designs from Plum Street... click through the images to see them all!
- Summer in Nantucket -- Pretty hand-dyeds of dusty blues, grays and brick reds, the scenes on this are so cute!! Stitch it as is, or split up the elements and make them ALL into separate pin cushions to nestle together in their own rustic basket or sea-glass bowl. -- you could even fill the bottom with some sand and a layer of small shells, or the bits of glass you pick up along the beach! Offered as a chart.
- Liberty's Welcome -- Quite a large piece at 349 x 211 stitch count -- this finishes approx 19 x 12 on 36ct! Gorgeous borders and pretty colors, my eye sees 2 halves... so if you're short on stitching time or have small walls -- do your favorite side --- of how about splitting it and doing matching pillows??? Very pretty, Paulette says this goes with her Yuletide and Ghoultide Welcomes! Offered as a chart.
New Designs are Here Now! from Chessie & Me
- A Gathering of Sheep -- Chart. 32ct Weeks Tin Roof. Weeks flosses of Bullfrog, Grasshopper, Havana, Kohl, Putty, and White Lightening, it is presented in a wooden Tool Caddy. The main design features Linda's fun Satin Stitched grassy hills and you COULD stitch those sheep with Gentle Arts Simply Wool and some French Knots if you want to be a show-off! The pattern includes the needlebook, fob and caddy designs. This calls for three small pieces of linen, sizes vary, approx cost for all is $17. You'll need some Kohl Houndstooth Wool to back everything -- a fat quarter should be enough for you and a friend to share.
- Friendship Garden -- This is lovely! Retromantics mini-tray of brown, Weeks 32ct Parchment Linen... 'Friends are the gardeners who make our souls blossom.' LOVE the colors and the balance in this... and your friend (the one you stitch it for!) will love it too!!!!! Worked in Sampler Threads and Weeks flosses, this finishes approx 5 x 8.
- Grant House 1865 -- A chart... 32ct Confederate Gray Weeks linen, yummy hand-dyeds by Gentle Art and Weeks, pretty for a hallway or foyer... I like just that Preserve the Union block for a smaller framed piece or pin cushion! Finishes approx 5 x 9.
- Delaware House -- This is another of Linda's charming BOOK BOXES. Stitch her little house and matching fob on hand-dyed linen -- overdyeds from your stash -- and get one of her paper mache' brown paper boxes that is shaped like a 3 x 4 x 1 miniature book.. It features an opening lid -- like a real book. (Not a Kindle!) Paint your box with acrylic paint from the big box store, polish it with a little shoe polish (honest!) and you have a REALLY COOL vessel to show off this charming set of smalls! Linda has like 6 other designs in this miniature book series -- they are all on our Chessie pages!!! This calls for Chestnut Houndstooth wool for linings. Kind of dark, think about Dolphin, or one of the green shades to brighten the edges a little. Again a fat quarter will serve both you and a friend.
- Flag of Glory -- chart... 32ct Tin Roof by Weeks, Freedom, Mulberry, Mustard Seed, Shaker White and Tin Bucket Threads... the flag stripes feature different specialty stitches in each one for a little of extra texture, and check out that matching miniature wiener roll in there! What a fun design to stitch and a neat set to have and use! ***Watch the mail order catalogs for shadow boxes and coffee tables that have display areas under glass. GUESS WHERE YOU CAN DISPLAY all these beautiful little sewing sets and pin cushions you love to stitch and collect??? You'll need 4 cuts of linen -- along with a quarter yard cut of Weeks Deep Sea wool -- Solid, Herringbone, Glen Plaid or Houndstooth will all work beautifully, or if you'd rather, we could choose an awesome red that matches the threads. Just let us know!
Introducing *Little Hedgie* from Just Nan
Oh my gosh, is this little guy the CUTEST???? Straight from the hedgerow... he fits right into your hand! A bitty little guy, he is stitched on 32ct Natural linen with bits of DMC floss from your stash.. He features a textured coat bristling with black beads and a set of little pins for his quills. Nan is offering him as a small chart with his beads, bristly pins, his brass button base for weight, a green leaf (because he lives in the hedges!)
VERY cute indeed... if you are on our Just Nan Ornament Auto, you will be getting this little guy. If you aren't.... reserve him NOW! (If you can't remember if you get that auto... just reserve him anyway -- we'll look you up in our system.)
Mill Hill's 2016 Spring Bead Kits!
Always the first release of the new year -- Mill Hill seems to skirt Winter by bringing us SPRING designs even before we've had our bad winter weather! This is the set of 5 x 5's that can be worked on the provided 14ct perforated paper and framed, or worked on 14/28ct fabric and assembled into pillows or hangings. (Actually, we've seen some of these framed with gorgeous mats and expensive mouldings and they are stunning! We just think they are our regular bead kits -- but 'they clean up real well!!!' )
Offered as complete kits of paper, flosses, beads and a button or two, the beads really catch the light, and make these very eye-catching! The Starfish and Sand Dollar match the Nautilus and Conch from a few years ago, and the Joe's Garage is yet another business in the Summertime Village series -- not to be confused with their Christmastime Village! (Haberdashery, Tea, Pet Shoppe, Millinery, Wedding... )
Mini Spring Bouquet Mill Hill Bead Kits from Mill Hill
Here are the little guys that make such cute plant pokes and ornaments. Complete smaller kits full of everything you need the finished pieces measure approx 2 x 3. The dragonfly and ladybug eggs companion the 4 like them already published -- rabbit, chick, lamb and sheep.
Always cute and colorful, they make pretty magnets and gosh if you stitch them on soft linen you can stuff them for pin cushions as well.
There's even MORE!
6068 S. Sheridan Tulsa, Ok. 74145
(918) 493-1136 Fax: (918) 493-1933
Toll Free Order Line: (888) 543-7004
Store Hours: 10 -- 6 CST, Monday -- Saturday
Web Site Design and Maintenance by
© 2016 Silver Needle Ltd.
You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design or layout of this web site, individual elements of the web site design, or Silver Needle images, designs, adaptations, charts, instructions or logos
without the express written permission of Silver Needle, Ltd.
View our company's Privacy, Shipping and Return Policies
Prices are subject to change without notice.